Resources and ideas to get your GOLD on! Full guide coming soon.
DIY with Milk and Cookies
Check out this example from two brothers, Kaden and Dean Vellani (ages 6 and 4), who decided that only 4% of our national cancer research budget going towards childhood cancer is NOT enough. And so they put into action their irresistible idea: a Milk & Cookies community event, which raised over $2,000 that will go directly to improving the lives of children with cancer! Thank you to these amazing young leaders for making such a difference in the world, and for building momentum for more to come! Contact us if you would like to host your own Milk and Cookie Stand – it’s a delicious way to support us and the children and families we serve.
Slam Dunk for Social Change
Another example of young people leading the way: sports management students at Rice University organized a 3v3vCancer Basketball Tournament, the school’s first-ever fundraiser for pediatric cancer research. They filled their bracket with 32 teams, with players coming from the Rice student body, faculty, and beyond, and raised over $18,000 for much-needed childhood cancer research at Texas Children’s Cancer Center.
Business and Community Outreach
Be a voice for kids and reach out to local businesses to see if they’d like to show support and help raise awareness. There are many ways for businesses to get involved – it can be as simple as putting up a flyer with facts about childhood cancer, or donating a portion of sales – or get creative! See this handy flyer for talking points and opportunities.
Organize, Advocate, Ignite!
- Show your support by wearing a GOLD ribbon, or your finest gold swag! You can also purchase a Let There Be GOLD t-shirt from our Swag Store (coming soon), with all proceeds going towards research and programs that improve the lives of children with cancer
- Art supply drive for your local children’s hospital (or ask for art supply donations at your next birthday party!)
- Car wash
- Bake sale
- Fashion show
- Basketball tournament
- Spirit Days to raise awareness
- Lemonade Stand
If you can imagine it, we encourage you to do it!
Fundraise on Facebook
You’ll be able to start your own “Let There Be GOLD” fundraiser on Facebook. Details coming soon.
Show your support by wearing a GOLD ribbon, or your finest gold swag! You can also purchase a Let There Be GOLD t-shirt from our Swag Store (coming soon), with all proceeds going towards research and programs that improve the lives of children with cancer.
- Volunteer at your local children’s cancer center
- Send a card to a child at your local children’s cancer center or hospital
- SHOW up for families affected by cancer – set up a meal and care calendar (try Meal Train)
- Organize or participate in a blood drive
- Organize a toy drive for your local hospital